About Me

My photo
I live in Wattle Grove NSW and I'm married to a great guy. We have 3 fur-babies, Abbey the Dachshund x, Benny the Maltese x, and Chocco the cat. I am addicted to card making, scrap booking, and OTP's... basically anything papercrafty! I'm also a mixed media wannabe. I've been card making for the last 20+yrs and never thought it would last this long! I'm also a Stampin' Up! demo. We move all over the Country and have lived in 6 states in last 13yrs!

Sunday 18 September 2011

Creative Elements

Hi everyone!

I am patiently awaiting the arrival of this stamp set, but got the chance to use it while I was at my "mini retreat/PJ party" this weekend. I hope you like these cards as much as I do!

This card has quite a few techniques on it including ribbon scrunching, punch art and creating flowers. I love the way they all tie in together.
Card Recipe:
Stamp: Creative Elements
Cardstock: Crumb Cake, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Old Olive, Cherry Cobbler
Punches: Scallop Circle, Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, Modern Label
Tools: Crimper
Big Shot: Blossom Party Originals Die, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder
Embellishments: Basic Pearls
Ribbon: Very Vanilla 1/2" Seam Binding
Other: Shimmer Paint


For this card I've used the rock n roll technique to give the butterfly a gorgeous effect.
Card Recipe:
Stamp: Creative Elements
Cardstock: Old Olive, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla
Ink: Early Espresso, Marina Mist
Punch: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border
Tools: Crimper


...and last, and most certainly least. I just couldn't get this card right. According to the colour coach, these are complimentary colours, but I had to go back over the Pretty in Pink and stamp with Chocolate Chip! The flower pots are made from the Round Tab Punch and are quite cute, but all in all, not happy with this one.

Card Recipe:
Stamps: Creative Elements, Pocket Silhouettes
Cardstock: Old Olive, Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla
Paper: DSP Paper Stack (retired)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Pretty in Pink, Old Olive
Punch: Round Tab
Big Shot: Square Lattice Embossing Folder


Thanks for stopping by and happy stampin'!

Nae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment